Well I got the call. The call that I have been waiting for. It was my blood test results for the down syndrome/tristomy. The lady that called didn't seem to enthusiastic which worried me right from the start. But she did tell me some good news. We are at a very low risk of both Down Syndrome and Tristomy. Whew!
But then she went on to say that I have a low papp-a. This is the protein in the baby's placenta. My number was 1. I think the normal range is 4-5. When I googled it (yeah I know, I shouldn't) most ladies with a risky low papp-a were at a .5 and below. So I am thankful that it could be worse. I asked her if there was anything I can do or did and she said no. I asked her if I needed to eat more protein, hahaha, it obviously doesn't work like that. She said that there was nothing I could do. The only thing that I need to do is get an ultrasound every month to ensure that the baby is growing properly. The last ultrasound (which was less than a week ago) the baby was right on schedule. I just pray to God that this baby keeps growing. I kinda stinks feeling so helpless! I wish I could do something about this!!!
But like I said it could be worse - and I am so thankful for all the good news that I did receive.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment